Monday, May 31, 2010

Écaille de la fontaine

le 31 mai 2010, Paris
The air is filled with the flowers from les platanes and the sun is still there at 8 pm. Spring is in Paris despite the chilly temperature.
Flaner – the best exercise in Paris and the precursor to anything unpredictable. So I was wondering in the streets and found a great restaurant. But after asking two neighborhood guys, Helas, it was closed. They pointed out that nearby at the Place de Gaillon there were two gastronomy restaurants and one of them belongs to Gerard Depardieu.
Place de la Gaillon is a lovely little square with two high end restaurants. But right across the street, there was this homey little restaurant with painted red windows and menu on the wall and it was recommended by Michelin. The waitress has a lovely smile so I chose this one.
The guy manning the oster bar liked me and gave me une langustine de plus. The plateau d’Ecaille was simply copieux et delicieux. I was conquered by my food, my glasses of wine and the time just being alone and enjoying myself. I even offered a stranger some of my huitres. These simple earthly happy moments that make life worth living. R, who would share art, travel, sex, food and surprises with me, thourouly, totally, fully as you?
I saw the waiters running out all the time with trays of seafood and running back with hot food. I found out that Depardieu has two restaurants, this little one serves the seafood to the luxurious one, the other one cooks plats chauds for this one – at the end, the food is the same and price is half here!
Vive la France and Depardieu – great actor and marketer.

No comments:

Post a Comment